A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah Bridge

The Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah bridge is the second Penang bridge which connects Batu Kawan on the mainland and Batu Maung on the Penang island. It is 24km long and it is currently the longest bridge in South East Asia. 

Yesterday, I drove on it and the feeling was wonderful. There were not many cars because it was Saturday, 8.30 in the morning. It was more suitable for those who are always travelling between Penang and the south, mainly Kuala Lumpur as those who wants to go East, whom includes myself, may have to turn back to the left where the first bridge is.  However, I was just taking the opportunity to make use of the holiday time to actually be among the second Penang bridge users. 

The cable stayed resembling that on the first bridge

The 'S' curve for safety reasons

The entry point on the Penang island

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails