A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Describing a Situation at the Canteen

Today I asked my students to describe a situation at the canteen. I told them you need not write about a story of about a year in order to make it informative and catchy. A lot could happen in the space of 30 minutes too!

Here is a sample I gave them:

Fifteen minutes has passed since the bell rang for recess. Ahmad was still finishing up what was left from his fried noodle made by his mother. His syrup glass was now half empty, or half full, as somebody with more positive attitude might say. Syazwan, on his left, had finished his fried rice five minutes ago. He was indeed a very fast eater.

Ahmad could see that some of the students were still queuing at the counter, impatiently waiting for their food. Ahmad really felt lucky because his mother spared some time to prepare his meal, thus saving him from the trouble that those students were currently having.

The canteen was quite noisy with students chatting over their meals. Some of them were talking about the lesson they had this morning, while others were talking about something else.

“Let’s go, Wan. We better hurry to class now. Mr. Azman will be really upset if we are late,” Ahmad blurted after sipping the last of his refreshing syrup.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails