A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Idioms VS Peribahasa

This morning, my students performed a dialogue consists of idioms and its Malay equivalent (peribahasa). It was for the language programme held every Tuesday morning, replacing the recitation of Yasin. The programme is a good alternative to classroom learning but in order for it to work, the performance must be quite creative. 






The Dialogue:

Fatin: Hai Hajar, apa khabar?

Hajar: Hi, Fatin. I’m in the pink of health, thank you. How about you?

Fatin: Saya sihat, tapi saya sedih sikit. Markah Bahasa Inggeris saya amat rendah.

Hajar: Fatin, don’t worry. You can study harder. Remember, no pain, no gain.

Fatin: Betul, usaha itu tangga kejayaan. Saya akan belajar lebih rajin lagi. Saya akan pastikan takkan pisang berbuah dua kali.

Hajar: Yes, Fatin. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. How about we ask Mr. Azizul for help? We can learn English from him, and at the same time we can learn chess also. It’s like killing two birds with one stone.

Fatin: Bagus cadangan tu. Sambil menyelam, sambil minum air. Sambil belajar Bahasa Inggeris, sambil belajar catur. Saya rasa, jika kita betul-betul mahu, kita boleh menguasai kedua-duanya. Di mana ada kemahuan, di situ ada jalan.

Hajar: Marvellous! Where there is a will, there is a way. I think we also have to increase our vocabulary. Learn a word a day. You know, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Fatin: Saya setuju. Sedikit-sedikit lama-lama jadi bukit. Mari kita pergi berjumpa Cikgu Azizul sekarang. Masa itu emas, tau!

Hajar: Yes, I agree. Time is money. Let’s go!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails