A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

SUICIDE (Bunuh Diri) at KB Mall



I was shocked when I heard about the latest furor at KB Mall. I girl unsuccessfully attempted suicide which, in her opinion, will settle all her problems. I don't know how or why she ended up on the hedge, but her act got me thinking - is this what our youths have been reduced to?

In a nation, youths should be the one who we can rely upon. They should be the one who have the strong will, the courage and the hunger to make our nation stronger in the future. However, our youths have been hit with dangerous diseases. Drugs, immorality, indiscipline and many other weakening ailments have made our youths something of a weakness in our quest to become budding nation. Money, which should be used to build nation, is used to cure these illnesses instead. Think about what our nation should have been if we have not been troubled with these maladies? We should have conquered the world, as what a wise man once said:
Give me ten youths and I will conquer the world!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails