A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Friday, April 08, 2011


Three of these SMKCE's beauties will represent the district this year.

The Three Princesses

The selection ended yesterday. 3 new faces emerged to represent SMKCE to the state selection early next month. Interestingly, one of them is a beginner, learning the moves just last week, while the two others have played before this, although with limited skills. Now, my task is to hone them to become formidable chess players within a month time. Hopefully, one of them will start playing with the best at the nationals by flying the state flag high.

1. Maznie Madri (1 Arif)


This girl also plays hockey, and was just coming back from a hockey tournament that evening to become third in her chess category. What a glorious day for her as the hockey team also managed to win their game. She has a very aggressive style; I saw her attacking with the Black pieces!

2. Nurul Asyikin Anuar (1 Arif)


A very quiet girl, but unpredictable at the board. She always asks me questions in training whenever she does not understand the position. With time on her side, she will get even better with this studious attitude.

3. Nik Shamiera Adnan (5 Arif)


A complete beginner and an unpolished gem. She has the tendency for quick learning, eventhough she always asks me to become patient for her slowness. However, time is her enemy, because she is already in Form 5. I regret overlooking her last year, but am happy to push her as far as she can go this year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails