A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

M.A.L.A.S. is Not the Word...

I was trying my best to update my blog as frequent as I can, and I always had something in my mind to share with you readers (if any), but time was not by my side. Every time I tried to sit in front of my laptop and type something, there would always be work to do. With everything going online, teachers like me could not even properly sit at a table marking pupils work or planning tomorrow's lesson. I laughed at the time when I was still planning two pages of lesson for a class when it is clear that today I don't even have time to write a quarter of a page.

Do not mistakenly take my comments as a sigh, I do love my job as a teacher, but doing clerical work is not actually included in my definition of 'teaching'. Yet, it is this task which prevails in any teachers scheme of work nowadays, and some of them have even mistakenly take it as the main task by putting the classroom lesson behind. Admittedly, the task is important, but is this the way forward for our education system?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails