A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Monday, April 30, 2012

I Learnt a Lesson

There is a difference between 'looking' and 'observing'. I just routinely 'looked' at the bills after the payment. After all, the amount was the same as other months as it is a fixed monthly payment. However, what made it different from other times was that the clerk at the Petronas counter, I think, entered the account number incorrectly. Then, I threw away the receipt after a week. When the new bill arrived, I opened it up and, routinely, 'looked' at the numbers without noticing that there stated an overdue payment, which means that I didn't pay for the previous week, which means that the payment I made at the Petronas counter is not added to my account. Until today, when the Internet connection was suspended, I made a call and was told that the payment was overdue. There was nothing that I can do to prove that I have made the payment as the receipt was already burnt. The only hope is that somebody will realize that his payment is overpaid and call TM to make a correction. HARDLY, right?

There were so many times where I tried to observe something instead of just looking, but it was just not my nature. I always took details for granted.It is always hard for me to answer questions like 'What is the colour of the lowest light of the traffic light?' or 'What is printed behind the 10 cent coin?'. Even though I play chess, there is quite a difference between chess and the real life. In chess, I choose to observe every perceivable details in order to beat my opponents. In real life, details are always there to be seen, but I automatically choose to ignore them. 

Well, do you think you are the same as me? Answer both questions and you will see. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails