A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Congratulations UPSR Students!

Today, the UPSR results are out. It is also the judgment day for teaching Science and Mathematics in English. In Kelantan, 11.41% of the total number of candidates (37,949 pupils) scored straight As, while the average pass percentage is 66.78%. Both SK Zainab II and I top the standing, and the Kota Bharu district has the most scorers with 1,596 pupils, Pasir Mas (599), Tumpat (412), Tanah Merah (338), Bachok (337), Pasir Puteh (350), Machang (249), Jeli (98) and Gua Musang (77). Congratulations also to my brother-in-law (picture right) for his 5As, and even though I did not promise him anything beforehand, maybe I will give something out of appreciation.

On the other hand, the Star reported that Education director-general Datuk Alimuddin Mohd Dom said that nearly 50% of the total number of candidates throughout the country answered the Science and Mathematics paper entirely in English. “The 518,616 pupils who sat for the UPSR this year are the first group to have started studying the two subjects in English since the policy was introduced in 2003,” he told a press conference Thursday after giving an analysis of the UPSR 2008 results at the ministry. The ministry then will discuss the matter before bringing it the cabinet for a decision.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails