A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Monday, October 26, 2009


Timing Chain or Timing Belt?

I am driving a Toyota Avanza 1.3 Manual transmission with a mileage of 87+++ and I am concern about changing the timing belt. But after reading through several articles, I found that my Avanza does not use a timing belt, instead it uses a timing chain. The timing chain, however, does not need regular change (1) and has an almost infinite operating life (2). The only time to change the chain is when the mechanics found it to have been worn out (3). Luckily, the VVT-i technology lessen my worry. It varies the timing and applies oil automatically to the chain (4), resulting in extending its lifespan.




1 comment:

The Kelantan Times said...

Muhammad al-fateh is inviting you to become his followers since he is new to the blogger site. His site at this url.
http://muhammad-el-fateh.blogspot.com

thank you for your cooperation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails