A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Friday, April 30, 2010


Female Drivers = Careless?





I was at the parking lot waiting for my wife to finish her exam at the UKM Hall when suddenly I saw one of her friends walking to her car. She opened the back door, put her handbag at the back, opened the front door while pressing some numbers on her cellphone. Then, she started the engine from outside the car, and chatted a little before getting in. At that time, I thought 'Maybe she wanted to put something again at the back - she left the door opened'. However, after finishing the call, she closed the front door and started to drive away. I promptly waved, luckily she saw me and stopped the car to close the back door.

Now, what did that tell you about a female driver? It was nothing short than CARELESS. I am not going to make a generalisation, because statistics show that male drivers involved in more accidents than female drivers. Even the insurance companies acknowledge that male drivers pay more for their insurance than their female counterpart because of their risk factors. Furthermore, they are more obedient on the road than men; following all the traffic rules including the speed limit, while men tend to violate them. Nevertheless, if you want to make comparisons between the gender, then don't. Both have their pros and cons, with a fair share of risk factors, so to say that one is more prone to accident than the other is totally absurd.

I can see that they are indeed a very brave driver; sometimes too brave that I think male drivers do not even dwell of doing what they do on the road.

Now is that a male or a female driver? Pictures credit here.



References:

Female Drivers are Better than Male Drivers - A Proven Fact
Are Men Better Drivers than Women?
Female vs Male Drivers
Betulke Lelaki Lebih Hebat Memandu & Wanita Cuai Di Jalanraya?
Pemandu Wanita - Lembap atau Berhati-hati?
Pemandu Wanita vs Pemandu Lelaki

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails