A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Sunday, November 20, 2011


Go, Young Tigers, Go!

I never felt this excited watching Malaysian football except until recently when The Red Warriors (TRW) captured my heart. Yes, I am a Kelantanese and yes, I like football very much. However, those are not only reasons I watch Malaysian football now. The 'Harimau Malaya' (Malayan Tigers) has proved it time and again that they can actually compete with the best and we should give them our utmost support. It's no use supporting teams from the EPL or La Liga and neglect our own local teams with the reason that our teams do not play as good as Liverpools, Real Madrids or AC Milans. Even though that we are not on par with those teams consist of multimillionaire players, we can still get better with proper training and more monetary injection. In terms of playing, we have proven that we can win here and there, with the example of winning the previous SEA Games, and play against the best proudly, such as playing against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea this year. Hence, all those sponsorships should be investing more on our own turf rather than going to Norwich City or QPR. On the other hand, our players do not have to seek greener pastures abroad like what happen to Safee Salee or previously, Akmal Rizal. State teams also should have not begged for money like what happens to TRW.

Now, the Tigers should also play their part in advertising markets for the sponsorship, and they can start with defending the SEA Games gold medal by beating the Indonesians. I'm not going to be rude on the Indonesians, although their supporters' actions are not much to be proud of. In my humble opinion, sports should be uniting nations, not as a platform for disagreement. So, in your opinion, do these acts (pictures below) indicate a civilized nation?



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails