A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How Did I Spend My Holidays?

I asked my students to write a journal on how they spent their holidays. Journal writing is one of the ways to learn English. At first, your writing maybe consisting of many grammatical errors, but it will be gradually improved once you write your journal frequently. The students can write on any topic, but sometimes it is better for the teacher to state the mutual topic for all students so that it will be easier for him to check their writings.

So, how did I spent my holidays? I went to Bangi to spend my holidays with my wife. We went to many interesting places. First of all, we visited National Science Centre. There, we viewed all the galleries and tried most of the games and science exhibits. What I liked most are the mathematics problems. My wife was amused when I solved all the problems. One of the problems was to put 9 numbers so that all horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines amount to 15. Next, we went to Alamanda Putrajaya. Nothing interesting there, except that it was our first time. We enjoyed watching The Geng movie at the Golden Screen Cinema inside the shopping centre. It was a good movie by a group of young Malaysians who were excellent in their graphics study and put it to good use by producing the Upin and Ipin characters. Although the target group were mostly children, but it targeted families as well. The next day, we went to Nilai 3 to buy a big Sarawak rattan matress for my mother for RM65. I don't know whether it is really cheap because we actually stopped by one shop only just to save time. In the evening, we went boat riding at The Mines Wonderland at Sri Kembangan. Initially, we wanted to experience the wonderland, but to our surprise, it is closed on Mondays.

They said a picture worth a thousand words. Enjoy.

National Science Centre

Under the fish tank

Putting the gears together

Math problem solved

Periodic Table as the background

At Alamanda, Putrajaya

Boat ride at the Mines

2 comments:

Norliyana bt Anas said...

bestkan holiday kita...

hehehe...kenangan yang tak dpt dilupakan masa nak naik boat...huhu...nyaris2 kan nak naik boat lg satu...

nnt lain kali kt pg lg ye...

luv u...

thanx 4 everything.........

iiumchessmaster said...

ye la.. ye la.. dgn 'Ammar.. pastikan duit cukup dulu.. haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails