A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Very Creative Comparisons

My friend gave me these. She said that they were taken from real students' writing. It is interesting that students can be very creative. :)

1. Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.
2. He was as tall as a 6' 3" tree.
3. John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.
4. The ballerina rose gracefully and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.
5. Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.
6. She grew on him like she was a colony of E.coli and he was room-temperature Canadian beef.
7. The lamp just sat there, like an inanimate object.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails