A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Selamat Hari Raya!

1435 Hijriah (2014 A.D.) - We celebrated the eve of Hari Raya this year in the car, queuing among the many cars at the Pasir Hor junction on our way to Tanah Merah. It was a really long queue starting from the SMK Padang Enggang towards the traffic lights. We were there from 11.30 p.m. until 2.30 a.m.! I was not a fan of jumping queue, but was very incensed when the left lane moved while the lane I was in did not move even an inch. The driver of the white Myvi in front of me lost patience and took the left lane, prompting me to do the same. However, I waited for another five minutes before actually took the left lane when it appeared that the car directly in front of me (previously there was the white Myvi) was not moving. I overtook it, glanced into it, and gasped when I saw that the driver was leaning back towards the seat with his mouth opened! Shocked, I did not honk my horn to find out whether he was asleep or even worse, fainted or dead! I did look into my rear-view mirror 300 metres afterward to ascertain whether the car moved or not, and I saw that it was still there. I really hoped that the driver was okay.

The first day of Hari Raya was not joyous. My wife's eyes was red and we just stayed at home. Then another queue at the Salor roundabout ensued before we took the old Salor road to stop for 'Asar prayer. We went to a 24-hour Polyclinic at Kota Bharu to buy eye drop. I was quite surprise because the doctor and the staffs were Malays, and they were wearing their Hari Raya clothes.

This morning, my lovely daughter was up early, so we decided to go for a walk at the beach. I started my car and drove to Pantai Senok. On the way, we stopped and bought some breakfast meals. We were flabbergasted to see crabs and  'serati' (a type of duck) were on the menu!. My wife, of course, bought the crabs and preferred the 'serati'. We ate the breakfast at the beach. It was really a beautiful scene. My wife's eyes were better than yesterday and hopefully, we would be able to visit some relatives today.

Can you believe this is breakfast?

'Afaf and Ummi were having a walk at Pantai Senok

'Afaf wrote on the sand
  


SELAMAT HARI RAYA!
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails