A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Saturday, October 15, 2005



Teachers are Role Models

I just came back from Ibadah Camp at Keda Recreation Centre, Bendang Man, Sik Kedah. All KPLI trainees were required to go to this camp to complete the credit hours for the subject of 'Dinamika Islam'. Here we practically learned how to slaughter the chicken, how to cater for the dead, how to be an Imam for daily prayers and so on. The camp was closed by the Director of the MPTB himself, Mohd Adenan b Deraman. In his lengthy closing speech, he said that this camp is important because teachers should know about all these basic Islamic fundamentals even though they are not from the field of Islamic Studies. Teachers are role models wherever they go; people tend to look at teachers and ask for their advice, especially when it concerns their children. Therefore, it is compulsory for the teachers or would-be teachers to equip themselves with such knowledge, especially the basic Islamic fundamentals so that they are better prepared to face the ever demanding community.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails