A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Sunday, October 09, 2005


Teachers and Child Psychology

Salam. I had never done this before, so go easy on me. This is my first time writing something on the Internet. I am actually a little old for this kind of thing, but, I am a little childish on the inside. I like playing games; any kind of board games will be just like putting a fish into the water as I will master it quite naturally. Personally, I think that you should be a little childish if you are a teacher like me. You'll have to master the knowledge and the technical know-how of tackling your students, and nothing is better than being at their level to know how they feel, what they want. It is funny that you think you know what your students want but you actually didn't. Yes, it is true that you are not supposed to succumb to everything your students want, but still you have to show that you understand them by leveling yourself once or twice and heed to their demands (as long as it does not degrade you as a teacher). I had once postponed my lesson because everybody was not in the right mood for the lesson, so I took them to the language lab to play Scrabble.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails