A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Working Stress Free

I just finished watching Liverpool versus Bolton which ended luckily for the Liverpool win. I cannot help but see the stressful faces of the Liverpool players when they play on the pitch. It is the expectations of the fans for the long awaited title which makes the players feeling the stress more than ever before. Therefore, creativity, fluency and all the attacking prowess Liverpool are famous for lacked. As for myself, I like to work without stress. But it is hard to do when there are so many causes of stress in the working environment such as increased workload, poor work organization, inadequate staff numbers and resources, etc. But all these causes, according to Adrian Whittle, can be grouped into 3 categories:

1) How you do the job?
2) How the job treats you?
3) Issues not job related which may affect job performance

Finding solutions for these causes will be the key. All the job related issues can be discussed with the employer, and they should help you because the more effective you are, the better the organization will be. As for the third category, you just have to find the solutions yourself. Make sure that there are at least 2 solutions available so that you can choose the best.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails