A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

AAMIR KHAN Has Done It Again!

Even if you are not a Bollywood fan, you should watch these two films if you are a teacher - Taare Zameen Par and 3 Idiots. The two films revolve around teaching methods which I think could be used in our everyday classroom. Although the target audience in each film are different, the message is the same - imparting knowledge to the learner. In Taare Zameen Par, Aamir explores the life of a dyslexic student, and the methods which are best suited for this kind of disability. In reality, it is hard for us teachers to know if our students are dyslexic. We actually have to be aware of the repeated signs or common mistakes usually made by a dyslexic. Now those who are teaching the back classes should see whether the errors made by their students are the same with what were portrayed in this film.

Whereas in 3 Idiots, Aamir showcases about the difference of 'training' and 'educating'. The setting is an engineering college, and Aamir is a student who disapproves the methods used in the education system. He even points out that 'cramming bookish definition' into your memory is not the best way to learn. I like the part where he describes a book as 'Instruments that record, analyse, summarise, organize, debate and explain information which are illustrative, non-illustrative, hardbound, paperback, jacketed, non-jacketed with a forward, introduction, table of contents, index that are intended for the enlightenment, understanding, enrichment, enhancement and education of the human brain through the sensory root of vision... sometimes touch' which left the lecturer in a state of shock.

So, please take some of your time to watch these masterpiece. I know you will like them very much!

Here are the trailers for Taare Zameen Par and 3 Idiots.




81 kilograms



2 comments:

sleepinl8 said...

Not that I could actually understand the trailer for 3 idiots, but it seemed funny enough! I could just tell from the tones of voices and the movements. Wow, I really find your blog impressive - no blog has ever held my attention for this long and made me decide to comment on all 4 (5, maybe?) of the ones I have read so far! will follow!

iiumchessmaster said...

thanks..

Related Posts with Thumbnails