A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Monday, March 07, 2011

You'll Never Walk Alone

Why do I bother to write about the LFC vs Man United game when everything has been written by the LFC fans all over the world? I surely not writing this out of conformity, rather I'm writing it to show how I feel. After all, that is what blogging is about, right? Surely football fans must ask this question first - why do we support a football team? Well, for me, it is all about togetherness; to feel a sense of belonging; to share the same passion with others. It is also the question of loyalty; that is to be with the same team regardless of its ups and downs. And LFC fans are known for their passion and loyalty towards their club, even after finishing 7th last season. Or even after a certain el Nino quits the team for 'glory' with other 'big' club. Or even after a dismal start to the current campaign under ex-manager Roy Hodgson. Now, seemingly, we are out of mediocrity, even if there is one, with the current rich of form where we are winning a lot more than we are losing under our 'new' hero Kenny Dalglish. Such passion which drives me to wear the LFC jersey when we were losing games, what more when we are winning games now. And of course, the win over bitter rivals Manchester United taste sweeter than 4 spoonfuls of sugar put into a small cup of tea. Today, I was smiling all day at my school, much to the disgust of several other teachers who support the Devils. They congratulated me reluctantly, but I accepted them nevertheless. They were perplexed as how confident I was yesterday when I predicted Carroll would get a hattrick with a 3 - 0 scoreline, only for the nearest of miss when it was Dirk Kuyt who came with the hattrick with a 3 - 1 scoreline. If only they had the guts to ask me that, I would have answered them with this:

"With fans like me, LFC will never walk alone"


To recap last night's game, here are some pictures taken from various sources:










82 kilograms



1 comment:

sleepinl8 said...

HA! With a name like the Devils, well, it's an odd coincidence. Congrats to your team. I think America must be one of the only nations that is mainly focused on football - you know, the other kind? It seems that several other nations are mainly focused on the soccer football.

Related Posts with Thumbnails