A.K.U.G.U.R.U. actually means 'I am a Teacher' (Aku guru in Bahasa Malaysia). It contains all the items related to my profession as a secondary school English teacher which includes my English lessons, my interests, my passion for Liverpool FC, and also my family affairs. Hope you enjoy your reading!

(The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information taken from this blog.)

ASK ME ANYTHING!

Type your question here and I will find the answer for you.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolution Review

I stated 5 resolutions at the start of the year, and today is the best day to review whether they have been fulfilled.

1. I will start the year at my new school, SMK Chabang Empat, Tumpat, being an exemplary English teacher for form 4 and 5 students.

Well, I think we have to wait for the SPM results before deciding whether academically this resolution is fulfilled. As for the Form 4 students, their final exam results will be the decider. In terms of their interest in learning the language, I think that I had decently done my job. They surely got something from my lessons, although their daily usage of English is nothing that I should be proud of. On the whole, I have yet to change the school's culture in learning English as second language.


2. I will upgrade my daily usage of English.

So far, I only use English when speaking with the English teachers. When my students came to see me in the teacher's lounge, however, I tend to speak Malay with them to accommodate them. Worse, I used Kelantan dialect when speaking with other teachers.


3. I will try to improve my chess knowledge in order to become a better coach.

I have read some books and articles (mainly from the Internet), played online games, watched videos, and also entered tournaments in order to improve my skills. I also read a book on coaching in general, not specifically for chess and presented it in my in-service training.


4. I will shed some kilos (hopefully 1okgs) by the year end.

Negative result. My weight is still the same as the start of the year. No gain, no loss. I think this is because the fat has become very stubborn, and I need a major change of diet and a lot of exercises in order for me to get rid of that.


5. I will better my devotions to the Almighty

Insha Allah, I hope that all my prayers, recitations of the Holy Qur'an, and other devotions are accepted by Him. As a Muslim, I must continuously improve in this matter in order to become a better servant.


So, the result?

I will continue all the resolutions for this year, and will achieve a better result by the end of 2011, especially for the number 4, insha Allah. I will keep tabs on my weight and jot down under each of my upcoming posts to monitor the progress. You are also invited to monitor it with me if you want (*-*)

For the start of 2011, my weight is...



83 kilograms



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails